Tax and Accounting Manager
CI&T is your end-to-end digital transformation partner. As a digital native, we bring a 25-year track record of accelerating business impact through complete and scalable digital solutions. With a global presence of more than 4,000 professionals in strategy, research, data science, design and engineering, we unlock top-line growth, improve customer experience and drive operational efficiency.
Accounting and Tax Manager, United States
General Description: The candidate will be responsible for Tax and Accounting management of our US operations and also will be a member of the global consolidation squad for the whole group. CI&T is currently accounting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), consolidating subsidiaries from the US, Brazil, Canada, UK, Portugal, Japan, China and Australia.
- Manage US tax matters including tax compliance, transfer price, and other tax matters between the subsidiaries.
- Coordinate external tax advisers to determine the tax treatment of transactions as they occur throughout the year as well as support them in the Federal and States tax returns of the company.
- Perform monthly and quarterly closings, including quarter-end journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements including balance sheet, schedule of investments, income statement, statement of changes in partners’ capital and cash flows.
- Prepare required footnotes to financial statements.
- Consolidate the operations of the US entity's subsidiaries.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance in the accounting and tax processes.
- Manage US external audits.
- At least five (5) years of prior relevant experience that demonstrates a progression of responsibility.
Relevant Experience includes, but is not limited to:
-US Federal, State and Local income and payroll taxing.
-US corporate taxation.
-Experience doing tax & accounting work in a global operation.
-R&D tax incentives.
- Prior Federal tax compliance experience within the financial services group of a public accounting firm of recognized national standing is required.
- Prior experience with private equity partnership accounting and allocations (including carried interest) is preferred.
- Expert in the preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with BOTH USGAAP and IFRS rules.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting or Finance; CPA or progress towards preferred.
- Demonstration of utmost confidentiality in all business-related matters.
- The candidate must be a collaborative team player, squad oriented, and with experience working on international multicultural teams, primarily remotely.
- Availability to travel, minimally and principally domestically but international travel is not ruled out.