Java Developer / Java Engineer
Get to know us:
CI&T - We’re a team of digital specialists impacting the world’s most valuable brands. We are a multi-national company with more than 3,500 people in strategy, research, data science, design and engineering in Brazil, the US, Canada, UK, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, China and Japan. We accelerate our clients’ business impact by building complete and scalable digital solutions… and have a blast in the process!
We believe that people matter most. And our people set us apart. We live and breathe technology every day. This is the fuel of our innovation. But we know that the more significant the technology becomes, the more human we have to be. That's why we value what really matters: our people. We have a flexible, fun and casual environment at work.
CI&T is recognized as a Great Place to Work.
CI&T is looking for a Java Developer in Toronto (GTA) willing to tackle technical challenges mainly on Java technology for a global client.
About the client and challenge:
You’ll role as Java Developer of CI&T team in the development of digital products and services for a renowned global business research company. Our client gathers data from retailers to deliver strategic reports for the biggest companies in the World. Our mission is to help them to reach their business goals using digital technologies as leverage, always bringing the best experience to final users, who can be someone that gathers the data, analyze it, or the final client, who consumes the reports.
You would be responsible for creating and maintaining a technical relationship with our client’s technical team to make sure that all requirements (functional and non-functional) are being met.
You would be responsible for:
- Write software code with quality
- Design software solutions and using appropriate frameworks
- Communicate with customer’s team members and align technical solutions
- Do code review
- Guarantee a stable and productive development environment.
We are looking for someone with the following experiences:
- 5+ years of experience in software development;
- Experience developing backend applications using Java (Spring Boot and Spring Cloud) - under a microservices environment;
- Experience developing front-end single-page applications with Angular or ReactJS.
- Experience working on a mature DevOps environment, with continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Experience with cloud computing, from a developer perspective;
- Willingness to work with different technologies and learn every day;
- Ability to share your knowledge with more junior team members.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals - including programs with a career adviser
- We offer health & dental benefits starting day one and are fully covered by us.
- LTD & life insurance for employees and their dependents, fully covered by us.
- Phone Allowance
- Generous paid vacation days
- Unlimited paid sick time
- 11 paid statutory holidays
- Flexible hours, and remote work options
- Casual, fun, and creative environment
- And a whole lot more!
CI&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to diversify our team and build an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they belong. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
CI&T is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with applicable laws in the province of Ontario. If you require accommodations, please notify us during your application.